Video Upload DEADLINE: Dec. 18, 2020
ComComAP 2020 will be held Virtual/Online.
Due to the COVID-19 pandemic, the ComComAP 2020 will be held virtual/online. So, you will need to prepare your Video presentation and upload it to EDAS. The entire program will be available on the virtual platform on 20-22 December 2020.
To allow for maximum flexibility, all authors of accepted and registered papers for ComComAP 2020 are required to upload a pre-recorded video of their paper presentation.
The presentation can be recorded by any of the co-authors and will be available on the virtual platform during the original dates of the conference and on-demand after the conference concludes. We will follow up with more information about opportunities to interact virtually with attendees for questions and answers.
We request you to prepare and upload a video of your presentation, comprised of a brief introduction with webcam if desired, followed by voice-over slides for your presentation. This is a requirement for your paper to appear in IEEE Xplore. Please note that the file must be a video file in MP4 format (more details below). Please do not try to upload Powerpoint or PDF files.
There are several video conferencing tools available to easily record a presentation. In this method, you can show your face via webcam (if you’d like) and display your slides as you talk. You can use any meeting software as long as you get a good quality recording and your final file is in the MP4 format. Here are some links to instructions on recording a meeting on common platforms:
- WebEx: Video Conferencing – Record a Cisco Webex Meeting (https://help.webex.com/en-us/
- Skype: Skype for Business: Recording a Meeting | Information Technology Services | Bemidji State University (https://www.bemidjistate.edu/
offices/its/knowledge-base/ skype-for-business-recording- a-meeting/)
- Google Meet: Record a video meeting – Meet Help (https://support.google.com/
- Zoom: Local Recording – Zoom Help Center (https://support.zoom.us/hc/
- Gotomeeting: How to Record a GoToMeeting Session | Techwalla and How to Convert and Open the GoToMeeting Recordings (https://www.techwalla.com/
- Microsoft Teams: Record a meeting in Teams – Office Support (https://support.office.com/
en-us/article/record-a- meeting-in-teams-34dfbe7f- b07d-4a27-b4c6-de62f1348c24)
For Authors located in China who are unable to access Zoom for free, use of the free software OBS, which allows also to capture simultaneously yourself while speaking and your slides: https://obsproject.com/
You can also use the two-step method covered below:
- Creeate Voice Over Powerpoint (http://support.office.com/en-
us/article/record-a-slide- show-with-narration-and-slide- timings-0b9502c6-5f6c-40ae- b1e7-e47d8741161c) &
- Convert to MP4 (https://nursing.vanderbilt.
edu/knowledge-base/ knowledgebase/how-to-save- voppt-to-mp4/)
Our recommended approach to record a compatible video from the content displayed on your computer screen and voice recording via the computer microphone is to record the presentation using Zoom, available to users on most platforms and in most countries:
In order for videos to be verified by the technical program committee, there is considerable urgency in preparing and uploading your video. Accordingly, we ask you that you please finalize your video by: December 18th, 2020.
GUIDELINES FOR PREPARING YOUR VIDEO
- Duration: 20 minutes
- File size: 300MB max
- Video file format: mp4
- Dimensions: Minimum height of 720 pixels, aspect ratio: 16:9
Please note the final specifications will be checked at the time of submission and files not compliant may not be uploaded.
Please be sure the video includes the title of the paper, the authors, and a mention to ComComAP 2020.
TIPS FOR RECORDING:
- Use as quiet an area as possible
- Avoid areas that have an echo
- Rooms should be fairly small
- Sound dampening with carpeting, curtains, furniture
- Hardline internet connection recommended, but if unavailable, a strong Wi-Fi connection
- Good headset with a microphone close to mouth BUT away from the direct line of mouth to reduce “pops”. Avoid using default built-in microphone on the computer.
- Do a test recording of a couple of minutes and review the sound and picture quality, MP4 format, and bitrate before recording the entire presentation. Make adjustments if needed.
UPLOADING YOUR VIDEO: Deadline: Friday, December 18th, 2020
1. Go to EDAS (https://www.edas.info/)
2. Go to My…>My Papers
3. Click on your paper title
4. Upload your MP4 video file to your paper record via the “Virtual Presentation Upload” option
If you have any issues with uploading your presentation, please contact any of the listed Program Chairs.
As a reminder, videos that are not received by the deadline will be considered no-shows in accordance with the ComSoc non-presented paper policy.
We look forward to making ComComAP 2020 a success within this conference format. We thank you for your cooperation in this endeavor.